12th c Name Lann Cronnguern appears.
1324 Name Lanteg appears, owned by John Champagne.
1329 Name Nanteg recorded.
1344 First vicar recorded.
1526 Name Nautege recorded.
1563 25 households (return of Bishop of St. Davids).
1565 David Griffith, a Llanteg ‘fryzemaker’, was exporting from Tenby on the Katherine.
1568 Trenewyth (sic) recorded.
1574/87 Dating of Elizabethan chalice at Crunwere Church.
1611 Mr. Morris lived at Llanteg/Lanteague (1611-1617).
1615 Mountain House recorded.
1634 Land dispute at Crunwere.
1651 & 53 ‘Black Death’ in South Pembrokeshire.
1670 Hensleighs at Lanteague with 2 hearths.34 households (Hearth Tax): one with 6 hearths, three with 3 hearths, three with 2 hearths and all the others with only one hearth each.
1671 Henry Davies at White House with 3 hearths (probably East Llanteg).
1686 Reginald Howell bought Trenewydd.Blane Havod (sic) recorded.
1690s Three residents refused to take the Oath of Allegiance: Morris Davids, Rev. John Howell and Robert Howell.
1708 Chancey Davies ‘of White House in Llanteague’.
1712 Legerland and Gardenes (Garness) recorded.
1723 Gardeners (Garness) Mill recorded.
1726 Milton recorded.Gardeners Mill becomes Garness Mill.
1727 Death of John Howell, a non-juring minister, whose slate monument is on the outside of the south transept of Crunwere Church.
1753 Griggs recorded.
1754 Marriage records in existence from this date.
1768 Oxen Ford (sic) recorded.
1773 Downs and Milton Backs (sic) recorded.
1782 John Thomas of Crunwere apprehended for assault on Ann, wife of Thomas Rees late of Kiffick (sic) – found not guilty.
1783 Baptism and Burial records in existence from this date.
1786 Broomlay alias Brimlake (sic) recorded.
1789 Three Wells recorded.
1793 Furzy Park and Rigman Hill recorded.
1801 44 households on census, population 191.Cultivated land: wheat (24 acres), barley (59), oats (80), potatoes (7) and turnips (2).
1811 Population 198.
1814 Ruelwalls (sic) recorded.
1815 Bariets (sic), Crafty and the Folly recorded.
Three people from the Folly buried between 10th and 27th January, aged 22 years, 21years and eleven months.
1819 Bevlin recorded.Baptists worshipped in grain loft at Long Lane.
1821 Population 229.
1822 Martha Thomas, Summerhill, buried at Crunwere aged 102 years.
1825 Mission held in loft of house near Llanteague Cross.
1830 Turnpike road begun.
1831 Horsemanstone recorded. Population 274.
1834 274 inhabitants (Topographical Directory of Wales).
£58 6s 0d applied for maintenance of the poor.
1838 Year of milestone manufacture. Belview recorded.
1839 6th May, the Royal Mail Coach first travelled through Llanteg on the new Turnpike Road.
1840s Rev. W.D.Phillips resolved to rebuild all but the tower and parts of the walls of Crunwere Church. The cost was £241 and the church reopened in 1847.
Toll Gate occupied by William Oriel who also ran a school and was a cobbler.
Llanteg had two inns: The Golden Lion and The Royal Oak.
1841 Elizabeth and John most popular names.
69 households on census.Gutterlas (later Pantglas) recorded.
1842 Tithe Schedule records Crunwere as having 1442 acres: rable 540 acres, meadow/pasture 750 acres, common/waste 84 and glebe 68.
1844 266 inhabitants recorded. A corn mill and mill where coarse cloth is prepared and dyed, a limestone quarry, and a church in ruins with sittings for 200 people.
1847 Labourers’ wages with food 9d-10d a day, without food 1s and 1s-3d in winter. Farm servants £5-£9 per annum, female servants £3-£7. (State of Education in Wales.)
1848 Blackheath recorded.
1849 Elizabeth Davies, Bevlin, is buried aged 100 years.
1851 70 households on census.
Shops:- Golden Lion – butcher, Moors – shopkeeper, Ruelwall – shopkeeper, Middleton – fishmonger.
Evening service had 150 attending out of a population of 289.
10 year old Mary Griffiths a nursemaid at Lanteague.
13 year old errand boy living in the loft at Trenewydd.
1850s Zoar Baptist Chapel built at a cost of £60.
1852 A woman accused of adultery was carried around the village on a Ceffyl Pren.
1853 13 burials at Crunwere Church, much larger figure than average.
1861 Population 261.
1863 Sandy Grove recorded.
1868 168 acres of common land enclosed (1 rood given to the Churchwardens and Overseers as the site for a school).
1871 Population 210.
1876 Public Elementary School erected by Henry Hitchings of Pantglas to accommodate 50 pupils.
1877 The school opened on 13th February with 15 on register.
1878 South door of Crunwere Church reopened and a new porch added. Box pews and gallery removed. The vestry was probably added at this time. The renovations cost £550.
1881 53 households on census, population 212.
1889 Present Mountain Chapel erected on land given by Sir Owen Scourfield.
1891 49 households on census, population 179.
1893 Mary Price, Lanteague, buried aged 101 years.
1894 Two children from Crafty were buried in May aged 1 year and 4 years.
1896 Broomylake rebuilt by Alfred James.
1897 First P.O. date stamp for Llanteg.
Letterbox at the Toll Gate taken over by bees.
William James, Broomylake, slipped off a ladder whilst repairing an outhouse, died 15th September.
1900 John Jenkyn drowned in the Captain’s Pond.
1901 P.O. run by Mrs Jane Davies, Ashdale. Population 188.
1902 William Davies (Cong. Minister), Oaklands, gored to death by his bull.
1903 Ledgerland rebuilt by Alfred James.
Mrs A.Purser of Llanteglos left a detailed Will which included a hair bracelet with fastening containing Charles 1st hair and monogram surmounted by the Royal Crown’.
1904 Furzy Park rebuilt by Alfred James.
1905 Daily delivery of letters commenced.
Oxford rebuilt by Alfred James.
1907 Alfred James, Broomylake, commenced work on New Inn bridge Amroth.
1911 Population 179.
1913/14 Blackheath rebuilt by Alfred James.
1914-18 36 parishioners served in 1st World War, two were killed.
1915/16 Middleton rebuilt by Alfred James.
1917 Hugh Slader Glanville died at Gaza during the 1st World War.
David Phillips was dangerously wounded in the 1st World War and had a leg amputated.
1918 Mrs Charlotte Dunbar, headmistress, died of Spanish Flu.
1919 Ruelwall rebuilt by Alfred James.
1921 Population 186.
1923 P.O. at the Laurels run by Mrs E.Raymond.
1925 Congregational Centenary service.Crunwere Farm rebuilt by Alfred James.
1931 Population 175.
1935 Porch and gate added to Zoar Baptist Chapel.
1939 29 parishioners served in 2nd World War, two were killed.
1940 Local Defence Volunteers formed, later known as the Home Guard.
1944 J.E.J.Mason was killed whilst ferrying troops at Normandy.
Mr Wyn Lawrence attended the Stand Down Parade of the Home Guard at Hyde Park, London.
1946 Crunwere School closed in December, 8 children transferred to Amroth.
1948 Llanteg Village Hall built.Women’s Institute commenced.
1950s Electricity comes to the village.
End of Christmas Day postal deliveries.
Romano/British homestead excavated at Trelissy.
1951 Population 160.
1961 Population 156.
1970 Crunwere Church united with Amroth.
1971 Population 135.
1972 P.O. moved to Stanwell with Mrs Alice Brinsden.
1977 P.O. moved to York House with Mr Dudley.
1979 Crunwere Church united with Ludchurch and Templeton.
1981 Population 169.
1987 Crunwere Church united with Ludchurch and Begelly.
1992/3 P.O. moved to Llanteg Garage with Mrs Rose Gammon.
1990s Zoar Chapel closed.
1999 Mountain Chapel closed.
Llanteg History Society formed.
2000 Llanteg Women’s Institute disbanded after 52 years.
1st January, Church bells rung by Alan and Andrew Mason.
Millennium Census and Pictoral Record of the parish conducted by Llanteg History Society.
2002 224 adults on the Electoral Roll.
2003 Mountain Chapel demolished, vestry altered to dwelling.
Captain’s Pond fenced off from village.
Road subsidence outside Village Hall.
40mph limit imposed from Folly to Castle Ely.
Castle Ely County Boundary Stone renovated.
2004 War Memorial tapestry unveiled in the Village Hall to commemorate the three War Dead of the parish.
2005 New water mains put in around the village.
Village Recipe Booklet compiled by the History Society and given to each household.
Rectory Hill road closed for repairs.
Information-panel unveiled at Mountain Chapel.
Post Office at Llanteg Garage closed; no other post office opened in Village.
2006 Inside of old Mountain Chapel tidied up and paving laid.
Park behind the old school cleared of undergrowth.
2007 Planters put inside the old Mountain Chapel by History Society.
Minute Books and other documents relating to Mountain Chapel come to light and are studied by the History Society.
The Community Association continues its work at the Old School Gardens.
Crunwere Church declared a dangerous structure and is cordoned off and danger signs erected.
The History Society lauched a ‘blog’ on the internet.
The Hall Committee launch a website for the whole of Llanteg and District community in June.
Nature Activity Days held at Old School Gardens, August 30th & 31st.
Unveiling of Memorial Plaque at Mountain Chapel, 9th September.
Photographs taken of cordoned off church and its artifacts by History Society and posted on Llanteg website.
Old Minute Books of Crunwere Church lent to History Society and notes made.
2008 Photographs taken of all graves (296) in parish and notes made of the various styles of gravestones. Verses also copied. File given to Record Office Haverfordwest and the relevent sections given to Crunwere Church, Zoar Chapel of Rest and Community Council for Mountain Chapel.
Claypits begun to be cleared by Community Association.
Out of 161 questionnaires sent out in November regarding the future of the church only 15 are returned. Church to definitely close.
2009 Crunwere St Elidyr Church declared redundant with the final open-air service being held on Sunday 2nd August. All items from the church are relocated and distributed.
The History Society celebrated 10 years of activity and sent its eleventh publication to the printers.
The Community Association organise children’s activity days at the Old School Garden in the Spring and a walk down to Amroth and back via Colby Lodge in August.
Because of the closure of Crunwere Church the Glanville Memorial Plaque (Hugh Slader Glanville) is removed and relocated to Llanteg Hall – it is dedicated in a service on November 11th.